Friday, November 1, 2013

Linux Journal 1.1.13: A Time For Productivity

At this time the Linux project has reached a new stage: the system is set up and configured and appears almost entirely stable. So where I go from here, I think, is to use the new Linux PC as a productivity machine for a few weeks and see how it goes, documenting any issues that come up along the way.



The greeter error may or may not be solved; it seems to be so intermittent that I keep thinking I have fixed it. I did a repair on the mpm package and it went away for a while. After it came back I booted in recovery mode and ran a general repair of broken packages... and it went away for a while. Then after it came back again I ran a package update and the error is as of now still gone. The next step will be to switch display drivers, probably, if if comes to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment