Thursday, October 17, 2013

Linux Journal 10.17.13

Cleaning up a copy of Windows to use as an image took more time than I'd expected. Back on track, I've installed Mint... the Cinnamon version. But I then went and manually did the updating and installation of MATE from the command line, just to do it. I haven't gotten any further yet. To be honest I am probably going to switch back to Ubuntu, even even though it really doesn't matter and matters even less when the choice is between these two. But Ubuntu is what I have been using, and generally it has a bit better documentation.

I'll make that call by my next Linux session. Either way, though, the next stop is VirtualBox, which took a little bit of fussing to get running the first time. This time around it shouldn't be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment