Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Linux Journal 10.29.13

Since the last post there have been some hurdles. Some stuff got broken and I ended up doing a full clean reinstall, which I debated using Ubuntu for. In the end, though, by carefully reinstalling and keeping track of absolutely everything I'm doing, I have Mint humming so nicely that I'm almost afraid to do anything more for fear of breaking it.


Nevertheless, there is more to be done. The few Windows programs that I need, including some games, will be run for the moment through VirtualBox, which I have not started to set up on this machine yet. Minecraft is already installed to run natively. There is likely to be some legwork involved with graphics drivers. I have some media files that still need to be moved over. A few assorted additional utilities aside, everything else is all set up in Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment